The close stage commences when the project's solution/product is:
- accepted and transferred to the support organisation or
- a decision is made to cancel a project.
It finalises all project activities completed across all stages and phases of the project to formally close the project.
- All resources committed to the project are released.
- The project manager addresses remaining open items (such as open issues and lessons learned).
- Completes final reports.
- Project information and records are stored.
- Completes post implementation evaluation.
- Verify acceptance of all project products and deliverables.
- Resolve or transfer ownership of open issues.
- Complete end project report.
- Storage of final project records.
- Transfer of knowledge and support documentation.
- Conduct lessons learned.
- Transition of contracts to business as usual (BAU).
- Complete post implementation review (PIR), where necessary.
- Project registers.
- Lessons learned documentation.
- End project report.
- Post implementation review (PIR), where necessary.
Last updated: 27 April 2021
Share this page:URL copied!