The concept stage commences when a business need or opportunity has been identified for which a technological solution is required.
This is the trigger for the project.
The feasibility, rationale and expected outcomes of the proposed investment are explored.
A brief description of the following is documented in a concept statement:
- cost and schedule and
- basic business and technical risks.
The outcome of this stage is the decision to take the investment further or not.
- Identify the specific business problem or opportunity.
- Conduct strategic alignment and high-level risk assessment.
- initial scoping
- solution options
- cost estimates
- benefits identification and
- high-level timelines.
- Identify a potential project sponsor and stakeholders.
- Assess the potential organisational impact.
- Develop Concept Statement and submit for approval.
- Concept statement.
- Stakeholder register.
Last updated: 16 April 2021
Share this page:URL copied!