Digital Futures webinar a success
Digital Futures events aspire to encourage more Territory women to take up digital careers.
On the 25 August 2021, over 175 attendees donned their headphones and streamed the Driving Digital Innovation webinar to hear successful 'digital women' share their ideas, experiences, challenges and successes.
The topics were interesting and diverse; from drones delivering medical supplies to remote communities to the creation of a property-management app.
The keynotes’ stories were engaging and compelling with our speakers discussing their experiences working from home and raising kids in a global pandemic, and the effect on their businesses.
Our panel discussion ‘Business as Unusual’ covered topics including:
- What has been the biggest takeaway for the digital industry from the pandemic?
- In 2020 women made up just 29% of the technology workforce in Australia.
How do we increase the participation rates for women in the digital sector in Australia?
- What has been your driving force to develop your business and continue to innovate over the past 18 months?
- Has digital disruption been a help or a hindrance to your work?
- With increased time working from home, how have you managed to juggle a healthy work life balance?
Feedback and comments were positive with many thankful for the opportunity to engage with such inspiring women and hear their stories.
To watch the Driving Digital Innovation keynote presentations visit digitalfutures.nt.gov.au